What: Smogathon 2018 – an international competition intended to find the best innovations and technologies tackling air pollution.
For whom: Startups, teams, scientists, students from all over the world that:
- are autonomous legal entities or are allowed to operate under the legal entity of scientific institution
- have innovative technology, product or solution dedicated to reducing air pollution. The most desirable projects are in the following areas:
- indoor and outdoor air purifying;
- household power and heat generation and energy storage;
- smog as a resource;
- new ways of smog mapping and predicting;
- air pollution prevention
- the projects are to be market-ready and possible to implement to no later than by August 2019.
- exist up to 5 years or achieved income < $500,000 (the latter applies only to the fiscal year 2017)
- for the winners: financial prizes amounting to $15000, $10000 and $5000 as well as special implementation rewards
- access to investors and a chance to upgrade the submitted project
- the title of “Finalist of Smogathon 2018”. together with being put on the organizer’s website and in his promotional materials (refers to the Finalists)
Deadline: 12th August 2018
How to apply:
Candidates have to fill in the application form available on the Smogathon’s website.
Conditions for participation and more detailed information may be found on the competition website.
Organizer: The Flying Mind Foundation, Poland