If you have an idea of how to solve the real problems faced by the biggest players in the shipping and logistics industry, apply to Ocean of Opportunities programme. Deadline for application is June 10th.
What: Ocean of Opportunities is a shipping and logistics innovation challenge. The organisers are looking for innovative solutions that can solve real problems in the shipping and logistics industry. Finals are in Singapore.
For whom: Start-ups and individuals that have idea how to solve one or more problems and challenges identified by logistic and shipping companies. There are eight challenges in two tracks
- Virtual Walkthrough for Vessels
- Digitalizing and categorizing contract terms
- Determining necessity of container inspection
- Efficient Data Exchange with non-system-integrated CFS
- Visualization of roll trailer management
- Schedule reliability prediction using publicly available data
- Dynamic pricing based on all determinant factors
- Identification of high risk vessels based on open source intelligence
- cash prizes of more than $8000 in total
- possibility to test out the solution on organisers’ test beds and operational sites, as well as in ports and ships all over the world
- boot camp for winners and all finalists where they will work on a Proof-of-Concept directly with our corporate partners.
- mentors from shipping industry
- access to experts and managers from shipping industry, as well as to corporates, VCs and mentors
Organizer and cost: Symphony Creative Solutions and NUS Enterprise are the organisers. The programme is free of charge. More details about the “ocean of opportunities” are available on this website