TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF INNOVATECEE.COM WEBSITE AND OF SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE VIA INNOVATECEE.COM
InnovateCEE.com website is addressed to individuals, legal persons and organizational units with no legal personality and it provides its users with access to information on topics relating to innovations created in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) as well as to business knowledge on innovation and intellectual property management, and it contributes to enhancing its users’ knowledge and practical skills in these areas. InnovateCEE.com is a web platform providing its Users with access to opinions of seasoned entrepreneurs, scientists and other professionals engaged in innovation creation and its effective management.
Owner – INNOCEE Sp. z o.o., ul. Bieniewicka 6/8 lok. 15, 01-632 Warsaw [hereinafter referred to as “Company” or “Administrator”], with tax identification number NIP: 6282092274, REGON: 146228678,
Administrator – the Owner or/and people working to the Owner’s benefit and on the Owner’s behalf and authorized by the Owner to act,
User – a person using the InnovateCEE.com website or an entity represented by that person on whose behalf the member account on InnovateCEE.com website is created or managed. Such a person must be an adult with full capacity for legal acts,
Website or InnovateCEE.com – a InnovateCEE website available on www.innovateCEE.com,
Publication – a text drafted by an individual who has signed it, made available via InnovateCEE.com website, presenting private opinions or advice on innovativeness and innovation management.
Act on Protection of Personal Data – Act of 29 August 1997 on protection of personal data (Journal of Laws 1997 No 133, item 883)
Act on Copyright and Related Rights – Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and related rights (Journal of Laws 1994 No 24, item 83).
- The Website may be used only and exclusively in compliance with the below rules. Using of the Website in any available form means that these Terms and Conditions of Use has been acknowledged and accepted in full. The User represents that he/she has read the Terms and Conditions of Use and agrees to comply with their rules.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use include general rules of use of InnovateCEE.com, in particular the rights and obligations of its Users. Matters not regulated in these Terms and Conditions of Use are governed by commonly applicable Polish laws, in particular the Polish Civil Code.
- The use of the Website is free of any charges.
- The User is obliged to use InnovateCEE.com in compliance with its intended purpose, applicable laws and these Terms and Conditions of Use. If the User refuses to accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, the User may not use the Website.
- Any rights in InnovateCEE.com are the sole property of the Administrator.
- Economic copyrights in graphic elements of InnovateCEE.com, including “InnovateCEE” logo, and to the layout and composition of such elements on InnovateCEE.com website are property of the Administrator. Users are prohibited to use graphic elements, their layout and composition as well as designations being covered by rights of the Administrator, except when otherwise explicitly indicated in these Terms and Conditions of Use or upon Administrator’s consent.
- Use of texts, databases and other elements published on the Website is allowed solely as fair use as specified in the provisions of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights. Presentation of such texts, databases and other elements on the Website does not mean that the Users obtain any rights to intangible assets in the works and databases included in them. In particular it is prohibited: a) to copy, modify and transfer electronically or otherwise the Website or any of its parts, and any of individual works and databases made available on its web pages, b) to download the contents of databases and to use them in whole or in any part that is significant as to its quality or quantity.
- The Administrator has the sole rights to manage the Website and to obtain benefits from the Website.
- When the User is a consumer the diverging provisions are replaced with applicable rules as specified in laws relating to contracts concluded with consumers.
3. Additional provisions
- The Users are prohibited to submit unlawful content in any available form.
- By making the e-mail address available to the Administrator the User consents to such e-mail being processed for marketing and information purposes and in particular, consents to receiving via e-mail the announcements or commercial information from the Administrator, as well as information about products or services of the Administrator. Such a consent relates to receiving the abovementioned information or announcements electronically to the e-mail address specified for the purpose of using the Website.
- The User may withdraw the consent for processing the e-mail address at any time under the Rule 3(5) by ordering the e-mail address to be removed from a database by clicking on the link included at the footnote of an e-mail with commercial information.
4. Contract termination
- The User may demand the contract termination at any time by stopping to use the Website.
- The contract may be terminated by the Administrator by blocking the User’s IP address when the User is in breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, is pursuing spamming activity in any form or is acting to the detriment of the Website or its Users.
- The User whose account has been blocked by the Administrator may not register again on the Website and use the Website without the consent of the Administrator.
5. Provision of services
- The Administrator is exerting its best efforts to ensure the proper and continuous operations of InnovateCEE.com website, however, as in any other IT system the Website may experience technical breakdowns and errors resulting from the hardware or software issues. In any such instance the Administrator attempts to reduce the adverse consequences of any technical issues to the greatest extent possible.
- Detailed information on any system maintenance, breakdowns and errors and the related compensations is available at InnovateCEE.com accessible from the home page and from the User’s account.
- The development of the Website and minimization of the risk of its breakdown require periodic system maintenance breaks during which the required amendments are introduced to the IT system.
- The technical breakdown means a situation when at least 10% of Users has been deprived of the possibility of using the Website.
- The technical error means any technical issue relating to InnovateCEE.com operations other than the breakdown as specified in point 4 above.
- The Administrator exerts its best efforts to ensure continuous availability of the Website and to ensure that the services provided via the Website are provided with due care.
- User may file a complaint if the Administrator is not or has not been providing the services specified under these Terms and Conditions of Use or if the services are provided in breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The complaint can be filed via electronic contact form or in writing. The complaint should include at least the User’s e-mail address and the description of the reservations constituting the complaint.
- If the data or information submitted in the complaint need to be supplemented, prior to examination of the complaint the Administrator requests the User who filed the complaint to supplement it in the specified scope.
- The Administrator examines the complaint within fourteen (14) days of the date of its receipt in the full form, however the Administrator may refuse to examine the complaint if it was filed more than ninety (90) days after the occurrence of the reasons for raising the complaint.
- The response to the complaint is sent solely to the e-mail address assigned to the account of the relevant User.
7. Limitation of liability
- InnovateCEE.com aims at providing its Users with access to publications of entrepreneurs, scientists and other authors relating to innovativeness and innovation management. Neither the Website not authors of the publications guarantee that following their advice will lead to the expected results. The publications do not constitute a legal or business advice and present exclusively private opinions of their authors on a given subject.
- Apart from any other rules of these Terms and Conditions of Use explicitly excluding the liability of the Administrator and authors of the publications or allowing the Administrator to take certain actions which excludes the Administrator’s liability for such actions, to the broadest extent allowed under law the Administrator is not liable also:
- for the way the User is using com and for related damage,
- for the events and damage resulting from following the opinion of authors published on the Website,
- for damage resulting from unavailability of com, its technical breakdown or errors.
8. Final provisions
- These Terms and Conditions of Use enter into force on the day of their publication on the Website.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is declared invalid under the final court judgment, the remaining provisions will remain effective.
- The Administrator reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions of Use. When these Terms and Conditions of Use are amended the Administrator will notify the Users about that fact by publishing the consolidated version of the amended Terms and Conditions of Use on InnovateCEE.com next to the previous version of Terms and Conditions of Use and adding the notice of the amendments being introduced. The amendments to the Terms and Conditions of Use become effective after fourteen (14) days of the date when the information of the amendment was published as specified in the previous sentence. Using the InnovateCEE.com website by the User after that date is tantamount to acceptance of the new version of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The law governing contracts between the Users and the Administrator relating to services provided by the Administrator via InnovateCEE.com under the Terms and Conditions of Use is law of the Republic of Poland.
- Any disputes relating to services provided by the Administrator via InnovateCEE.com will be resolved by the courts competent for the seat of the Administrator.
- Provisions of Rule 8(5) do not apply to consumers.